proudly Serving Winger since 1904

City of Winger Services


East Side

We will be flushing water mains on the following
dates this summer.

Thurs. May 11th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Thurs. June 15th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Thurs. July 20th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Thurs. Aug. 17th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Thurs. Sept. 7th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Thurs. Oct. 5th    1:00 – 2:30 pm



West Side

We will be flushing water mains on the following
dates this summer.

Wed. May 10th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Wed. June 14th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Wed. July 19th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Wed. Aug. 16th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Wed. Sept. 6th   1:00 – 2:30 pm

Wed. Oct. 4th   1:00 – 2:30 pm




We would advise not to use water for washing clothes or anything that would be damaged by rust for 2 hrs. after finishing the flush.  We want to thank you for your cooperation.

For a copy of our 2015 Drinking water report, click here.

Facility Rental

Main Hall: 64 x 46
Stage: 22 x 15
Community Center holds 200 people at a sit down dinner
Full Kitchen ***$20 extra for use of kitchen


Wedding Dance/Private $125.00
Auction Sale $100.00
Rummage Sale $ 30.00
Private Parties/Reception $ 30.00
Meetings $ 30.00

Special Rates: Winger American Legion, Winger American Legion Auxillary, Winger Lions, Winger 4-H Club, Win-E-Mac School. NOTE: In order to receive this Special Rate, the organization will: Sign a rental contract in advance, if applicable: clean all snow and ice from entrees, and adjoining sidewalks, Community Center will be cleaned and returned to the same condition in which it was found.

To rent our facilities, please contact the city office and complete the Rental Contract.

To rent the City of Winger's tables and chairs, please fill out this agreement and return the completed agreement to the city clerk's office.

City of Winger Rental Property Information Sheet

It is City policy to bill the property owner for water/sewer services.  It is the property owner’s responsibility to make sure this invoice is paid.  If the property is rental property, the clerk mails out 2 copies of the invoice in case the owner needs one to give to his tenant.

Information on water/sewer billing is public information.  Therefore, a tenant can go to the clerk’s office and request a copy of the water/sewer invoice for the property where he is living.  The tenant may also go to the clerk’s office and pay the water/sewer invoice even though it is not in their name.  A receipt will be given.  The tenant can also ask for a copy of that receipt to give to the property owner.

When the tenant has given notice that they are going to move out, the property owner can request a water/sewer invoice for a certain date, even if it is not the end of the quarter.

The State of Minnesota has put together a handbook entitled “Landlords and Tenants Rights and Responsibilities”.  This is available from the Minnesota Attorney General’s office.  Their web site is www.ag.state.mn.us or you can call 1-800-657-3787.  As stated on page 34, “A landlord may not intentionally shut off a tenant’s utilities”.

If you have any questions concerning any of this information, please call Jennifer at 218-938-4150 or stop by the city clerk’s office.  Normal office hours are Monday through Wednesday 9 – 4:30 and Thursday 9 – 1.

City of Winger - Dog Licensing

Here in the City of Winger, we welcome your pets! Ordinance #41 states that any dog 6 months or older requires a license and certificate of rabies vaccination within the previous 2 years. The owner shall see that the tag be contantly worn by the dog. Please complete this license application for your pet. The license is good for May 1 to May 1 the following year.

Spayed or Neutered Dog - $10.00
Non-Spayed or Neutered Dog - $15.00

Please dowload your license application here.